Monday, May 31, 2010

Some Copy I Wrote for a Housecleaning Service

Brittany Hogan




Some of my friends think hiring a cleaning service is elitist. I think it’s a necessity. I didn’t hire a cleaning service because I wanted to impress anyone. I hired a cleaning service because I simply cannot keep my house clean!

It’s a skill I do not possess, like excelling at math or doing crossword puzzles.

Let’s face it, there are some people who are organized and some, like myself, who seem to require a certain amount of chaos in order to be productive. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those people who leave dishes in the sink for a week. I’m clean enough. It’s just that I seem to attract clutter. I don’t even know where it comes from. I clean off the counter on Monday, and by the following weekend, I am drowning in a stack of tabloids and discarded papers all over again.

I don’t require much in the way of maintenance, just a weekly primping to make the house presentable. I don’t need a live-in maid. A simple service, once a week, by safe, honest professionals works for me. I need to be able to trust that the cleaning service I let into my house won’t steal my belongings, throw away anything important, or use dangerous chemicals. I need to be able to depend on them to arrive on time every week and to do a thorough job. That is all I require.

They do not have to be trendy, profiled in any magazines, or clients to the stars. They just have to be dependable.

I didn’t hire a cleaning service because I wanted to show-off. I hired a cleaning service because I needed to survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment